[permaculture] WWoof was: work - was the gardener's shadow...

fdnokes at hotmail.com fdnokes at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:39:12 EST 2009

(head slap with palm of hand)!
I just remembered a topic that I wanted to raise on the list:
WWoofers.
Willing workers on organic farms.

This is an organization that is, more or less, world wide, and which
provides a forum for workers and land owners/managers to connect for
mutually beneficial arrangments.
I imagine there are people here who have had experience with wwoofers and
wwoofing?
I wonder if this might be an ideal time to introduce the topic.

Also, just as a sidebar to the hard work theme, there is a very interesting
new book by Malcolm MacDowell called Outliers.  In it, he describes how the
hard work and hard thought of the rice paddy (along with a language more
suited to the subject) resulted in excellence in math as a group
characteristic trait.

Cheers!
Frances

 After four years of living here, I just don't see