[permaculture] OT Re: the gardener's shadow falls both ways

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 13 19:36:06 EST 2009

fdnokes at hotmail.com wrote:
> That is not who said Seth is, Lawrence.
>
> Frances

I know, Frances. I was just avoiding the obvious,
strictly for evaluation purposes only, you know;
mostly in jest, fun and games, a little mirth.

This discussion about spirituality in permaculture,
and gardening, is fascinating. If I were offered a PDC
it would not be right for me to ramble on about my own take on the
unseen factors in Nature and what they represent in the world of
permaculture but I would teach and emphasize double dug gardening
and proper selection and use of hand tools because I know what it is
good for and I feel that students should learn how to grow their own
food and do so using efficient long-lasting means.

I am a believer in meditation for revealing the deep mysteries of the
Universe and whatever benefits that might offer in one's personal
progress through life. I think this is very worthwhile. I think this
topic is a great one for this forum whenever people want to explore it.
I invariable think how revelations and insights gained through
meditation can be utilized in the world of permaculture as I know
and experience it. I enjoy thinking about things like that.

Have a look at the world of Biodynamics. Steiner had much to offer.