[permaculture] OT Re: the gardener's shadow falls both ways

fdnokes at hotmail.com fdnokes at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 13 18:51:19 EST 2009

Lee,

Are we mature intelligent adults on this list, or have I missed something?

Clearly we are on an OT type of thread here...
And, we are in a rather sensitive discussion, at least some of us have been
trying to steer the discussion in the direction of, what is appropriate for
OT type of discussion on this list.
You speak of not trying to alienate people on your PDC's.
Well, take a deep breath, and try to relate to the people that are on this
list for starters.
I can think of three whose posts you seem to be blocking the import of.

You have missed my 'drift' completely.
This title has a description of the aspect of 'being' which we are, in
general, at a loss to know.
Time is there, to be 'used'.
The more fools we.
The word 'magical' should not offend you, as it relates only to the
'quality' of being.
If you are working with land and plants and are allergic to the word
'magical', then I think it's time for you to take a break from playing
censor, and struggle a bit more on inner levels. Seriously. To work with
land and with plants is to work with the mystery of life at some of its
deepest levels.  Notice I'm not calling it any names or framing it in any
context.  That notion of spirituality is somewhat dated in my books.  We all
have spiritual lives.  Living in the ego... That is another thing.
As to science, those that travel deeply into fields of science are witness
to the deepening of the mystery, not the stripping of life from it.

So, before you imply censorship, think again.  Some of your ideas are
getting rather 'crusty' and to give yourself license to censor, and limit,
will only make them more so. Instead, I challenge you to live and let
live... Allow for some diversity, please, or expect a dropping off from
engagement on this list.
I'm a bit baffled by the sense of some people that they are 'keepers of this
list'.
Thought we were doing awfully well with each person contributing from their
own point of view and balancing out each other's idea with some sense of
humility.
I was not aware that anyone was playing 'teacher' on this list, but thought
that everyone was here for their own purposes. If that purpose is merely to
gather students, I would not say that would be a list that I would feel as
comfortable in as one where everyone felt that had something to gain from
some of the posts, and knew which ones they could ignore.

It would be far more productive, in my mind, if you were to respond to my
suggestion that this list is not 'in locus PDC' and that it might serve
other more individual experience oriented purposes as well.  Or, whether,
there are list nannies that are worrying about the impact of any particular
post on the list subscribers.

That would be more to the point, and more in the interests of inclusiveness.
 If not, I would be happy to turn my intelligence to other matters...

Cheers!
Frances