[permaculture] the gardener's shadow falls both ways

Lee Flier leeflier at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 18:32:25 EST 2009

Toby Hemenway wrote:
> A couple of notes: Mitch's horror story about his PDC shows one of the
> big drawbacks to decentralized processes. Those "teachers" were not
> following the curriculum set down by Mollison in the PDC handbook.
Yeah, no kidding. :D  The curriculum is pretty clear cut, really, and
people are either following it or they ain't, and if they ain't, it
ain't a PDC. :D
>  I don't think these folks had the chops to
> teach a PDC, and were filling the days with crap to make up for their
> own incompetence.
Or worse - they're control freaks using the mantle of "permaculture
teacher" to push their personal agenda on others.  I've seen this a lot,
unfortunately.  Most of these folks try to hoist Mollison on his own
petard by pointing out that permaculture is meant to be decentralized,
therefore if they disagree with Mollison on something, Mollison must be
wrong, he's not a god or a guru, etc.  All of which is true, but beside
the point.