[permaculture] the gardener's shadow falls both ways

Lee Flier leeflier at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 16:21:35 EST 2009

I think possibly you misunderstood my meaning again, because from your
other posts it sounds like we're in agreement.  I probably mis-stated
this slightly.  What I mean is that many people treat "science" as an
end in itself and not as a means to greater well being or
"cultivation/perfection of the human being."  This results in a lot of
very poor application of science.

Of course science is supposed to simply be pursuit of the truth,
regardless whether it's something comforting to us or something we want
to hear.  But scientific discovery is one thing and its application is
another.  Too often the discoveries of someone simply seeking truth are
funded and put into play by people with very "anti-human" agendas.