[permaculture] Thoughts on PDCs - the human component

Lee Flier leeflier at comcast.net
Sat Dec 12 23:55:24 EST 2009

Yes, great post Michael, and I agree!  The human experience of
interacting with fellow students and instructors is priceless.  As are
the kinds of thought processes that develop when you're immersed in an
experience like that for two weeks.  I think there's a degree of
internal clarity that takes hold when you and everyone around you are
completely focused on this particular experience, and all the normal
distractions of life aren't there.

This isn't to knock online courses or weekend workshops or any other
form of learning permaculture - do it however ya can!  I'm just saying
that if you CAN do the full two week extravaganza, and you can do it
with a reputable teacher who is likely to have a decent sized class -
it's well worth it!  Even if you're far from a permaculture newbie.