[permaculture] OT, need pointers for creating an intranet (website on my harddrive, displaying its contents) on one of my computers

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 12 00:57:14 EST 2009

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
> I need pointers for creating an intranet (website on my harddrive,
> displaying its contents) on one of my computers.
>
> Where can I find the coding/tag information I need to create an html
> file I can access with my Firefox browser's "Open file" command that

When I click on "Open file" and select an existing .html file in a
folder, and open it I get this URL:
Example: file:///K:/MACHINESHOP-NewInfo-FromDriveD/annular-cutter-info.html

The file:/// "tag" doesn't seem to be a valid html tag that can be used
to create a web page representing a filesystem on a hard drive on a
computer on my home network.

The "http://" tag doesn't seem to work either.