[permaculture] Permaculture Wikis

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:50:07 EST 2009

I'm curious how many other folks on the list would be up to putting
content in the wiki?  A wiki is one of the best examples of a
permaculture garden in the digital world and people's contribution
easily get compounded as people interact with the information.

A wiki is a social environment so it isn't well suited to only a
couple people saturating it with a specific viewpoint (& personally
wouldn't be that interesting to contribute to).   I also put a bunch
of work into the previous permaculture wiki installation only to have
it disappear without saving all the data so stability is key.

Hopefully images, pdfs, etc  are being loaded to the same server when
possible.  It really becomes difficult to maintain integrity if they
are all linked to other sites on the net that may disappear at anytime.

I've worked in wikis for probably 10 years so it's a very comfortable
environment for me.  There is a small learning curve but the more
experienced people can easily get some one track. That said, I really
do think this is the way to go.  It should also be designed to easily
generate pdfs which can then be distributed electronically or printed
from.

back to racking a batch of rhubarb-ginger wine,

~mIEKAL