[permaculture] Double-dug?

fdnokes at hotmail.com fdnokes at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 8 00:28:27 EST 2009

Quite close actually.
Up in Canada, mid east Vancouver Island:
Comox Valley.
We have similar conditions.
Had a super dry summer and a ton of rain recently.
We built a raised bed where we were living before but have moved since.
Planning to do more this summer.
Thanks for the details!
Frances
P.S. We also covered the raised bed in the winter to protect it from rain,
using the hoop/plastic style of construction, forming a greenhouse of sorts.
Great way to have winter vegetables, too.
Isn't this a great climate for growing things?
I'm so amazed by it, being new to it from Winnipeg.
Spring starts in February and keeps coming in successive stages.
Had to tear myself away from the spectacle to travel out west last June!
Hate to miss a moment of it.