[permaculture] Double-dug?

Jacque Greenleaf jacque at book-woman.net
Tue Dec 8 00:22:56 EST 2009

Hi Frances, I'm in SW Washington state where we get about 25" of wet
stuff annually, with dry summers.

Typically, we have wet springs, so a raised bed is good because the
soil warms up and becomes workable sooner. People in the wetter areas
to the west have issues with slugs/snails harboring in the sides of
constructed raised beds. We are on a basalt plateau, drainage is not
great and the soil is very shallow in spots, so raised beds were
definitely the way to go for us.

So where are you?

Jacque