[permaculture] US National Permaculture Conference

Udan Farm udanfarm at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 23:09:09 EST 2009

Thank you again Scott.
I was thinking it was a good idea to hold a national conference-for about one day. Then I got to thinking about carbon and all those people flying in from everywhere.And then you reminded me how stressful those things can be to organize.
So, yah, National no-Regional YES!!
My thinking is that at our regional gatherings (the Southeastern one-yes, it is at Celo, NC-someone asked) we perhaps plan an extra day to talk about the subjects I mentioned (open source Wiki/pfaf kind of thing, Building a better designers manual, teaching skills, Large scale Permaculture, etc.)
Maybe ALL of the regional gatherings could put some thought into that and see what comes up...Also, since the digital age is here, maybe we can start thinking about those kinds of things here-serious thought to planning things like that (I know nothing about open-source or wikis but it seems like a very good move)...

As for the Costa Rica University...Oh, MY.  They are selling CONDOS! I did post to their board and ask who their teachers are.   :)
Peace,Isabel