[permaculture] US National Permaculture Conference proposal.

Robert Waldrop bwaldrop at cox.net
Mon Dec 7 18:37:01 EST 2009

I think this is a good contribution to the discussion.  In an age of
declining resources, and with the common need to reduce consumption,
developing "yet another reason" to travel to a "national conference"
seems to me to be going in the wrong direction.  I was in the convention
bidness in the 1980s and its not something I would want to do again.  I
think local and regional gatherings are best for the movement.  If we
want the pizazz of a national gathering, perhaps we should learn more
about and experiment with using the internet and video conferencing to
link groups in various areas.  That avoids the need to travel.

Regarding "buying" PC certificates.  Oh great, that's just what we need,
the "Universal Life Church" of permaculture, lol.

Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City
www.energyconservationinfo.org
www.barkingfrogspermaculture.org