[permaculture] Double-dug?

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 7 17:00:04 EST 2009

Tripp Tibbetts wrote:
> No, I didn't mean to say that.  But your garden is your garden.  Double-dig if you like.
>
> I'd wager that if you knew the true origins of cultivation, you'd be a bit embarrassed that you ever subscribed to such an idea...

I do this for a living and have selected the best methods to use to build productive soil.
Why would I waste my money on an unsustainable method or one that doesn't work?

 > I'd wager that if you knew the true origins of cultivation, you'd be a bit embarrassed that you ever subscribed to
such an idea...

Why don't you give us more information about this with references. If  you are using Fukuoka as an example I can
understand when notill might be useful, in fact I am using that method right now over a large area of fallow garden.

If you're talking about doing permaculture and market farming at the same time at the same site, and you're not on 10'
deep praier black loam soil, then notill won't lead to acceptable productivity.