[permaculture] All the emails

paul wheaton paul at richsoil.com
Sat Dec 5 10:49:06 EST 2009

Ana,

Permaculture covers so many topics and so many people have so many
different parts that touch into their true passions that ... well ...
diversity!

I have to admit that while I find HUGE value in this list, sometimes I
am in the same boat as you:  trying to separate the wheat from the
chaff.  And sometimes other people's wheat is my chaff.

As much as I'm addicted tot this list, I generally like forums better
than mailing lists.  Cuz then it's easier for me to pick out the stuff
I like from the stuff other folks like.  The trick is that you gotta
stop by once in a while rather than have the stuff pop up in your
email.

There are two healthy permaculture forum communities that I'm aware of:

http://forums.permaculture.org.au
http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums

As the evil tyrant of the second one, I have a forum called
"meaningless drivel" and I try to move chit-chatty stuff to that
forum.  And, I think you will find very few discouraging words on the
forums, because I delete that sort of thing pretty quick.

In all fairness, the australian forum is excellent and I pop out there
from time to time myself.  But, what can I say, I'm an information
addict.