[permaculture] 3rd ethic; was: What I hope to achieve from this list ?

Nicollas permactiviste at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 09:29:03 EST 2009

Hi,

2009/12/4 Toby Hemenway <toby at patternliteracy.com>

> I'd be surprised if anyone interested in permaculture is unaware of the
> problems of consumption and population,

I'm always surprised by the lack of understanding of the "population
problem" around me. It seems to be a cultural taboo, and even people whose
ideas are close to permaculture (the "décroissance" (downshifting) movement
in France) are against this view, see as a "neo malthusianism" theory
against the third world poors. In the newspaper oy the same name, they'd
bashed Teddy Goldsmith for suh ideas.

I think people disconnected from (science) ecology and ecosystems are not
aware of such problems, only seen as consumption and share pbs.

Nicollas