[permaculture] 3rd ethic; was: What I hope to achieve from this list ?

Evan Schoepke thejulianeffect at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 03:54:25 EST 2009

I see the 3rd ethic (fair share) being a bit ambiguous but also to me the
most important because without it there is no way to live up to the first
two ethics.  It also acts as a safe guard against permaculture being used
solely for individualistic ends (the so called middle class hobby smear).
 I think this ethic encourages cooperatives, encourages democracy, and is
really what sold me into believing in the organization of permaculture
movement as a whole.  That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement
(hence the copyright and digital distribution debates).

Toby you're an excellent writer because of the thoughtful balanced analysis
in your essays and your awesome book sits nicely worn on my book shelf (and
in my netbook).  I wanted to ask you if you had thought about the long
tail<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Tail>issue and weather you
would offer Gaia's Garden as cheap sliding scale
download to set a successful example that might overturn Tagari's reluctance
to join the digital age.

--
The obstacle is the Path.
-Zen Proverb