[permaculture] Overly optimistic permaculture attitude towardsland

Scott Vlaun scott at moosepondarts.com
Thu Dec 3 15:00:00 EST 2009

A couple of ideas come to mind that might help keep that expensive
fertility in place.

The right cover crop combination can go a long way keeping fertility
on the site with the extra benefit of hosting pollinators, etc.

Also biochar application is purported to help hold nutrients over
time, along with the bonus of sequestering atmospheric carbon. We
have a small trial going but nothing to report yet, although plenty
are singing the praises.

What's WAG?

Scott Vlaun
Moose Pond Arts+Ecology
Design Solutions for a Sustainable Future

450 Main Street, Studio 2
Norway, Maine 04268
http://www.moosepondarts.com
207-739-2409 Studio