[permaculture] Overly optimistic permaculture attitude towards land

lbsaltzman at aol.com lbsaltzman at aol.com
Thu Dec 3 12:49:42 EST 2009

I think another missing element is invisible systems.  Our culture is designed around the rugged individualist myth.  With the exception of some successful intentional planned community my sense is that too many people are tackling land solo or as couples.  I don't criticize that because that is the way it is at this time, particularly in America. But in truth some of these systems should be built by communities of people that are committed to staying on the land for a long time as a true community. How we go a bout building this kind of community is I suspect far harder than designing a food forest or building a straw bale house.

Larry