[permaculture] Genetic Glass Ceiling

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 2 14:25:52 EST 2009

fdnokes at hotmail.com wrote:
> Why are so few people aware of this issue?
> Why aren't people gathering around the globe to express their discontent?

I was thinking the same thing. A reason might be that most people's
silence has been bought and paid for or they are too brainwashed to
wake up and speak for themselves.

The Morgellons thing ought to be enough to make the gmo researchers
themselves recoil in horror. That alone could be a rallying call to action.

For me, I will begin identifying all foods I buy that could contain
gmo's and eliminate them from my groceries. Needless to say I will only
eat at home or at local restaurants using local ingredients and non gmo
products.

Tripp Tibbetts wrote:
 > Sshhh!
 >
 > Be quiet, Frances.  Survivor is coming back on...
 >
 > (in the background) this message brought to you by, Cargill -
 > Nourishing Ideas.  Nourishing People.

Nourishing theirs and their stockholders pocketbooks. They'd fee us
flavored sawdust if they thought we would eat it. Look at the meat
industry, largely unregulated, and what is fed to the animals to make
the burgers.

Even soy (gmo of course) has big problems in conventional food industry.
Traditional Asian soy, prepared the way it is in Korea, Japan and
elsewhere in that part of the world is OK for you. Here is a source article:
http://boingboing.net/2009/11/20/taste-test-natto.html
<...>
"Here's what we know about soy: unprocessed, it's a great source of
digestible protein and has tons of vitamin B, calcium, and folate — all
things that are good for you. It also contains isoflavones, and here's
where things get tricky. Some studies prove that isoflavones are
beneficial, while others have shown that it promotes breast and prostate
cancer. Soy has also been called out as an agent of brain cell aging and
thyroid dysfunction, too."
<...>
"The bottom line, at least for now, seems to be that good soy prevent
cancer and bad soy might promote cancer. Good soy = tofu, soy sauce,
miso, natto, edamame. Bad soy = soy protein powder, energy bars made
with soy, fake hot dogs, tofurky."