[permaculture] Fwd: Permaculture TV - The Real Dirt On Farmer John

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 1 19:35:56 EST 2009

Tripp Tibbetts wrote:
> So what's the deal, lady?

I'm afraid you've asked for it Tripp :-)

Anyway its my fault for daring to criticize famous farmer
for sins of omission, letting that valuable farmland slip from his
grasp. FJ is from my era and I can appreciate where he is coming from.
I hate to think that the public views his farming venture as
characteristic of the American natural, sustainable, biointensive,
regenerative agriculture movement, begun in the 1950's and catching hold
in the 60's and 70's. His is a good example of running a small market
farming operation with a CSA but the public needs to know that there is
a greater need, that of greater amounts of acreage and more farms put in
natural farming ventures and diversified ventures, i.e. farm
cooperatives, leased land to small farmers, communities, etc. with and
accompanying education, production, marketing and distribution network.

Kathleens ideas for agriculture education reform are interesting.

Of, by and for the farmers.

dirtfarmer out ...: