[permaculture] No Child Left Inside

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 27 20:42:48 EDT 2008

No Child Left Inside <http://www.nclicoalition.org/>

"Two surveys of parents of children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity
Disorder have shown that performing activities in green settings can
reduce the symptoms of AD/HD....Adding trees and greenery near homes and
schools and encouraging kids with AD/HD to go outside may help
supplement established treatments to improve functioning."  To learn
more and to view the scientific study, visit our Nature Deficit Disorder
page
<http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=act_sub_actioncenter_federal_nclb_naturedeficit>.

///The No Child Left Inside Coalition is a broad-based organization made
up of more than 600 member groups from across the United States. Our
membership, which is growing steadily, includes environmental,
educational, business, public health, outdoor recreation and
conservation groups. With tens of millions of members represented, the
NCLI Coalition speaks for a diverse group of Americans who believe young
people should receive a strong education about their natural world.
The Coalition's focus is passage of the federal //No Child Left Inside
Act/
<http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=act_sub_actioncenter_federal_nclb_amendment>/.
This legislation will authorize major new funding for states to provide
high-quality, environmental instruction. Funds will support outdoor
learning activities both at school and in non-formal environmental
education centers, teacher training, and the creation of state
environmental literacy plans./

--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."