[permaculture] Reminder of Financial Permaculture event internet access

Phil Vergamini phil at inetserv.com
Thu Oct 23 14:19:52 EDT 2008

Robert-
	Thanks for the information regarding your Financial
Permaculture event.  I was surprised and disappointed to discover
that such a large Financial Permaculture event was being held without
any representation from or information about the Permaculture Credit
Union (PCU),  (http://www.pcuonline.org).

	The PCU is an invisible structure, a financial structure,
created to support the permaculture community. It is based on the
earth care ethics of Permaculture: care of the earth, care of the
people, and sharing the excess.  The PCU opened its doors in August
of 2000 and has grown in a sustainable manner with both federal and
state oversight.  We have been "Transforming Our Financial System ...
 From the Bottom Up" since then.

	The PCU presently has close to $4 million in assets that it
makes available as loans to its over 1000 members.  It encourages
earth friendly loans through reduced rates for items like high
mileage vehicles, student loans, water catchment systems, home energy
systems, including solar, wind, micro hydro, and energy conservation.

	Recently, we began a cooperative project with the Santa Fe
Farmers Market Institute, to make small, low interest loans to small
organic farmers in northern New Mexico.  We could do this for almost
any farmers market.

	Please announce our existence and contact information to your
event attendees.  Web site: http://www.pcuonline.org
	  Phone:  Toll Free: (866) 954-3479; or (505) 954-3479

	Thanks-

	-Phil Vergamini
	 PCU Member, Account #1

--