[permaculture] yellow jackets

Linda Shewan linda.shewan at bryn.com.au
Sat Oct 18 01:42:01 EDT 2008

We had a sideways entrance to the nest and couldn't get any substance in there so tried putting thick clear plastic over the entrance - they just ate their way through multiple layers of it and dug another entrance quite away further along the retaining wall so I would not think they are so stupid as to starve...

But in the end we let them be and lived with them flying through me every time I hung the washing. Asked them to watch out for me and appears they did as none of the family ever got stung. Next year they left as they only stay in a nest for one season.

Next time I will just leave them be unless they are in a particularly dangerous spot.

Cheers, Linda