[permaculture] ume info

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at intrex.net
Mon Mar 31 22:09:48 EDT 2008

Food Forests wrote:

> traditional ume plums varieties are actually more
> closely related to apricots, and i think immature ones
> are used.
>
> check out:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umeboshi
>
> very clear "how to make" info is at:
> http://www.st.rim.or.jp/~r_imai/personal/tsuke/ume/index.html
>
> (if you read
> 梅干を作ろう)
> i remember seeing it in english elsewhere.
>
> i love you all-
> tammy

Thanks Tammy.

I guess you put the plums in a jar with salt and a weight on top
and with for liquid to build up - after time take the plum out and dry them on one of those
woven riddles; then put them back in the brine and add beefsteak leaves, toss and let sit for 6 months,
I have not seen mention o adding water anywhere along ghe line. Wonder if this is done.