[permaculture] what about lubrication?

lbsaltzman at aol.com lbsaltzman at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 15:47:27 EDT 2008

this issue of progressives and environmentalists jumping on the biofuels bandwagon is a real problem. I got into an interesting debate with a local environmental group in Santa Barbara who were proudly announcing their support for a new gas station selling gasoline with corn based ethanol fuel mixed in. Biofuels are a big part of their "solution" to the environmental crisis, global warming etc.? They are in the "techno-fix" camp. A few years ago they sold off an wonderful acre site with an incredible organic urban micro-farm so they could concentrate on fighting global warming. They simply couldn't connect the dots.? So I am not surprised that progessives would be susceptable to believing that raising negative issues meant you were on the side of evil.

Larry saltzman