[permaculture] Two-person Shovel

Robyn Francis erda at nor.com.au
Sat Mar 29 21:47:01 EDT 2008

The 'two-person shovel' technique was invented for pitting by hand in arid
zones to make the job easier. I'm sure it could reduce the backstrain
involved in moving soil for small ditches etc.
Dunno about attaching a second rigid handle for the job - The rope provides
flexibility for the second person who simply gives a small tug - the
flexibility includes adjusting one's proximity to the shovel and flying
objects...
Ciao
Robyn