[permaculture] Two-person Shovel

tom tom at honeychrome.com
Sat Mar 29 10:47:12 EDT 2008

I've come across a couple illustrations of a 'two-person shovel' in
permaculture texts.  Is this just a 'regular' shovel with a cord with
a handle tied to it, or is it a specific tool?  Googling doesn't come
up with much.  I have a considerable amount of diversion ditch and
swale digging to do and anything to make it easier would of course be
appreciated.  Suppose we could try the cord-and-handle thing, but
seems like a second rigid handle would maybe be more effective.
Anyone have any info, etc. on this?
Thanks