[permaculture] what about lubrication?

lbsaltzman at aol.com lbsaltzman at aol.com
Fri Mar 28 13:10:51 EDT 2008

I?have been following this conversation with interest. I am not an expert on biofuels, but the missing question with all of this, is what quantity of biofuels and biolubricants can be sustainably harvested without damaging ecosystems, and impacting the production of food for the world's population. I suspect not enough to permit the burning of biofuels at the rate we currently burn fossil fuels. That implies that we are going to have a lot less energy to run vehicles, and a lot less vehicles.? So that also suggests that we should be putting a lot of thinking into alternative ways of doing things that don't involve the mass use of vehicles for transportation and as labor saving devices. It will be the hugest reallocation of resources since the industrial revolution. It will be in fact the reversal of how the industrial revolution has allocated resources.