[permaculture] permaculture Digest, Vol 62, Issue 33

Andrew French alienbuddha at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 13:55:13 EDT 2008

Thanks for the info on the Cabbage Maggots, now onto the next question...

I purchased a few comfrey roots (russian) form horizon herbs. When I got
them there was no info provided so I stored them in  my fridge like I do
hops rhizomes. Then a little later I contacted HH and the owner said I
should plant the comfrey right away, so the next morning I went down into my
basement and planted them in whatever pots I had and some potting soil. Now
they are growing quite fast in my basement sans any light. I wonder is this
okay, or will they grow too spindly without sun? I don't have much room in
my place to put them with any sun exposure. Also, would they freeze if I put
them outside? I am in zone 4a in Minneapolis, MN. I want to help these
plants thrive but they are growing fast and my last frost date is in May.
What the hell should I do?