[permaculture] oops - Cabbage Maggots cont'd

Jay Woods woodsjay at cox.net
Tue Mar 25 07:22:42 EDT 2008

This is the second use of flooding of a new planting to handle pest problems
that I've run across this month. It looks like an interesting technique also
to cut down on transplant shock. I'll be trying it on tomatoes and pumpkins
this year. Also it will be interesting if the black appearance of water in
the infrared translates into faster warming of the soil or gets more than
offset by faster water evaporation.