[permaculture] oops - Cabbage Maggots cont'd

Tracy Dee Cook tracydeecook at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 01:29:42 EDT 2008

oops - meant to save that last email as a draft email and accidently sent it - arg

short story is I planted the cabbage by a knee high allium and the cabbage closest to the allium kept the cabbage moths at bay.  the cabbage I had planted near to the oregono plant still attracted a moth

might be a stretch for your rhutbagas - but I intercropping showed good results at my place

Also, This resource guide might be helpful for this question or others similar,
IPM Integrated Pest Management  http://www.entomology.umn.edu/cues/

Includes bug pictures and info

Take care and let us know how it goes!
Tracy
Tracy Dee Cook <tracydeecook at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi, Andrew - I'm here in Minnesota too.

I tried an experiment last summer and had interesting /good results

I planted 3 cabbage just to see if the cabbage moths would come

Andrew French  wrote: Does anybody have any experience with controlling cabbage maggots? I want to
grow Rutabagas in MN in zone 3b and evidently they are a problem there. I've
read that ladybeetles may help.

Andrew French
Subscribe or unsubscribe here:
Google command to search archives: