[permaculture] biofuels

Harmon Seaver hseaver at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:48:01 EDT 2008

Brooks Miller wrote:
> harmon - do you have any specifics on the conversion of a diesel to run on
> ethanol?  i have a 1980 MB 300SD that I converted to run WVO, and I like the
> idea of cattails, considering we have 2 ponds and springs and potential for
> more in some wetlands here (central pennsylvania).  doing the conversion was
> the first i worked on cars, but i'm a farmer and a brewer, so i have a good
> amount of mechanical experience and feel pretty confident that i could do a
> conversion to ethanol if i had a good resource.  know any websites/books?

    You really need to get the book "Alcohol Can Be A Gas" by David
Blume. http://www.permaculture.com   It has all the info you need, both
about feedstocks and building and operating stills, and converting engines.
    This book is a must have for every permaculturist, or anybody
interested in energy independence.

--
Harmon Seaver