[permaculture] Boycott the Olympics ....

Charles de Matas cdematas at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 17:23:58 EDT 2008

In ancient Greece warring city states suspended their disputes in order to participate in the Olympic Games.  Presumably when the games were over they went back to killing each other.  I think that the protestors in Tibet should wait until the Olympics are over to do their protesting.  It's not fair to the athletes who have trained for 4 years to have to be distracted by all of these political issues.  In the past athletes have even been killed while participating in the games.  I'm sure that the organizers of the games would want the Olympics to be a time of peace, and a universal ceasefire.  The problems in Tibet are not going to be solved overnight.  They can wait a few months.    Charles.