[permaculture] [starhawk] Starhawk Deported from Israel ||| Sunday marked the fifth anniversary of the death of Rachel Corrie.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at intrex.net
Mon Mar 17 13:08:35 EDT 2008

lbsaltzman at aol.com wrote:
> Thanks for posting this. Starhawk is helping to expose one of the great injustices going on anywhere on this planet right now.

Fifth Anniversary Of Death of Rachel Corrie
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/3/17/headlines#11
And Sunday marked the fifth anniversary of the death of Rachel Corrie. On March 16, 2003, an Israeli military bulldozer
crushed Corrie to death as she tried to stop the demolition of the home of a Palestinian doctor in the Gaza town of
Rafah. Eyewitnesses said Rachel was standing directly in the path of the bulldozer holding a megaphone and wearing a
fluorescent jacket. She was 23 years old.
On Sunday, the play “My Name Is Rachel Corrie,” was performed for the first time in Israel. The play was performed in
Arabic in the Israeli city of Haifa. It is scheduled to tour Israel and the occupied West Bank.