[permaculture] Text editor with HTML coding capability + S&R w. regular/meta expressions in macros

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at intrex.net
Mon Mar 17 02:02:45 EDT 2008

Needed: Text editor with HTML coding capability + S&R w. regular/meta expressions in macros

Can anyone recommend a good text editor I can use to automate some html coding?
I need to turn an ascii text (.txt) file into an .html file. The text file(s) in question
contain single column lists of named html files that exist in a directory folder.
I have lots of saved web pages that include the .html file and its associated files (graphics, etc.)
in a separate folder with the same name as the html file but with -files appended to the name.
I want to parse the list line by line and convert each html filename to an active link in a webpage with the name of the
file becoming the real name of the link.

Ex.:

how-to-build-a tailstock-taper-attachment.html      30k

Would become:

First delete the file size, i.e. 30k then create the entire line of hmtl code:

If this editor has search and replace with macros that can use regular or meta-expressions then I could possibly build
the above line of code with a few macros. Crude but effective. I would imagine html editors can do this easily, or maybe
not. Doing this with cut and paste by hand line by line is not an easy solution.

Thanks for any feedback.

LL