[permaculture] Starhawk deported from Israel

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at intrex.net
Fri Mar 14 23:12:13 EDT 2008

Udan Farm wrote:

> Starhawk went to Israel to teach a permaculture course in the northern West Bank  and was deported!
>
>   Here's two links:
>
> http://www.wildhunt.org/2008/03/starhawk-deported-from-israel.html
>
> http://www.imemc.org/article/53454

I am sure she was well-intentioned, even brave to do this but was also probably lucky
she was deported. Look at the chronology of events during which foreign activists, who went to
Israel or Palestine to help bring peace or help the Palestinians with basic rights and needs,
were killed or injured by the IDF (Israeli Defence Force). Ad to the IDF the crazy right-wing/nazi
militant violent settlers. It could be considered fortuitous that she never got into the country.