[permaculture] Penalizing Farmers

Trudie Redding tredding at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 4 16:43:00 EST 2008

I'm reading Ogallala revised in 2000-about the underground aquiver and
the history of use of water in the region, has a lot of info about
farming-several states, western KS, TX, Colorado etc. includes info
about Mobil oil's use of much of the irreplaceable water-it comes from
the Arctic-level has gone down permanently

Sort of a paradym shift view of what subsidy means, I mean I had a
change of view with this book and the movie "Corn" and am rethinking
subsidy.

Trudie