[permaculture] all the water and all the air in the world

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Mon Mar 3 15:02:51 EST 2008

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 12:32:46 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm curious how a similar ball would compare containing all the biomass on planet earth (humus, et. al.).
>
>...yet a lot of people piss in several gallons of potable water and flush it?! how irrational.  water is so precious.

But it doesn't go away when you flush.... You aren't destroying it.

In our particular case, since we have a septic tank, the water (filtered by
the leach field) returns to the water table *in our immediate area* with no
expenditure of energy.  Gravity takes it from the toilet to the septic tank
and through the leach field.

However, I don't flush *every time* I pee.  We also have a well, and the
well water is pumped by electricity.  So I'm saving electricity in this
case, not water.

Pat
-- Northern Pennsylvania
http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com/
'Every one of us can do something to protect and care for our planet.
We should live in such a way that makes a future possible.'
 - Thich Nhat Hanh