[permaculture] [Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] Polluted manure ruins gardens (hormone-based herbicide aminopyralid)]

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at intrex.net
Sun Jun 29 20:16:57 EDT 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [SANET-MG] Polluted manure ruins gardens  (hormone-based herbicide aminopyralid)
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:10:57 -0400
From: jcummins <jcummins at UWO.CA>
To: SANET-MG at LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Hi Chrys Ostrander,
I agree with you the situation is intolerable. It is astonishing that
both US , Canadian and EU regulators not only approved the the toxic
herbicide for use on pastures and noted the herbicide should not be
used on fields for food crops but US EPA and Canadian regulators
approved the herbicide for use on grain as if grain was not food at
all! It staggers the mind to think that such poorly tested pollutants
were allowed onto the global market and into the global ecology!.
We must not just grow numb at the constant attacks on us by the
bureaucrats lined up with the corporations! We must shake out the
bureaucrats and install real regulators into our food system and
environment before it is too late. sincerely, joe cummins