[permaculture] We have in every part of the world lostcontrol of our food systems to agribusiness

steveread steveread at free.fr
Fri Jun 13 06:45:19 EDT 2008

The Monsanto film was widely watched here in France and caused much subsequent comment. They sell the DVD here http://www.arte.tv/fr/connaissance-decouverte/Le-monde-selon-Monsanto/1912794,CmC=1950490.html it could be that they would be very happy to have offers to subtitle or dub into other languages.

Kenavo,

Steve

Directeur de     l  'Université Populaire de Permaculture
Biographie     (SteveR) http://permacultureinstitute.pbwiki.com/

2008-06-1312:43:28

[permaculture] (FWD) We have in every part of the world lostcontrol of our food systems to agribusiness
"The below is a link to a documentary film called "The World According To
Monsanto". Which the creators of the film introduce as follows:"

"On March 11 a new documentary was aired on French television (ARTE –
French-German cultural tv channel) by French journalist and film maker
Marie-Monique Robin, The World According to Monsanto - A documentary
that Americans won't ever see. The gigantic biotech corporation Monsanto
is threatening to destroy the agricultural biodiversity which has served
mankind for thousands of years."

"to see the film click: http://wideeyecinema.com/?p=105"

     *Survey: *Yesterday we quoted Barbara Kingsolver: "we have in every
     part of the world lost control of our food systems to agribusiness

     [Monsanto has] quite systematically removed seed banks, have
     contaminated [and] diminished the genetic material that all people
     in the world have with which to feed themselves, and it's a
     terrifying problem." Also yesterday, Monsanto promised to "develop
     by 2030 new strains of corn, soybeans and cotton that can yield
     twice as much grain and fiber per-acre while consuming just
     two-thirds the water."If we succeed in doubling yields, it
     absolutely changes the opportunity for food availability," [CEO
     Hugh] Grant said. Is Monsanto evil incarnate or will it save the
     world?

<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001c-aRvtweiKKwYKCJJYJJZ5r_CTZ5VYGvDf7Fd1P175ZiXw2FQlPqDn1YxJ0f7YzNbI3G_a04l5K9Pot2lNvTYt5xF7bz_jzs4CsOy7KxF0OufOoZZUTwQ_0kC6SZz5uaZGmHxnjOdyueRnk6EYTN5HNTZErT3ieHdwAqpcZryBE= >

Subscribe or unsubscribe here: