[permaculture] Permaculture Sites- Always best to call first

Jody Troupe jodyt2 at mac.com
Sun Jun 8 16:58:43 EDT 2008

Hi Kenavo-

It wasn't a permaculture site/farm, it was a farm a local had told us
about where we could drop in and get a tour, no reservation needed. It
was a little farm not too far from Sarlat le Canada, along the
Dordogne that still allowed visitors to see gavage de l'oie. We were
told most farms had opted to not be public anymore and being pretty
much city-folk, we felt we should see what goes into creating it so we
aren't ignorant. We're mainly vegetarian & fish eaters, but are
hypocrites when we're in France and face fois gras. Anyway, they
didn't require you to call ahead and just took 'drop ins'. They spent
a good 40 min. with us between 2 different people, and answered our
many questions.

I wasn't distinguishing between farms, I was lumping them all
together, whether permaculture, or otherwise, if that was what you
were wondering. Another outsider perspective I'm sure. Sorry for the
confusion.

JodyT