[permaculture] Permaculture Sites- Always best to call first

Jody Troupe jodyt2 at mac.com
Sun Jun 8 14:25:34 EDT 2008

I appreciate seeing everyone's response to my comment about calling
ahead. Not living on a farm, (but being interested in them) didn't
give me the insight into recognizing how much of an interruption
random visits can be. Since we've visited a few places now, we 'get it'.

Its a courtesy thing that isn't really talked about, so it escaped our
awareness until we actually made the mistakes ourselves. And there are
those farms that accept passers-by that help confuse the issue. (i.e.
We just toured a place in France 2 months ago that charged a measly 2
euros for a tour, and they didn't even charge for the tour if you
actually bought some of their produce. We would have happily paid the
extra!)

Seeing everyone's response has hammered the concept home. Thank you!

JodyT