[permaculture] [Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] Organic Lies: Misconceptions of the United States Organic Act...]

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at intrex.net
Tue Jul 29 02:25:47 EDT 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [SANET-MG] Organic Lies: Misconceptions of the United States Organic Act...
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:26:34 -0400
From: virgil huston <virgil.huston at GMAIL.COM>
To: SANET-MG at LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

National certification controlled by the government has been a disaster from
day 1. This was obvious before it became law because it was the non-profit
organizations that really wanted it, and, of course, the government that
never gives up the opportunity to increase its control over us. Beside the
cost of certification to the farmer, we taxpayers also have to pay for the
new bureaucracy that was built to run this new program. Anyway I recommend
you add the following to your list of the creation of OFPA was motivated by
a desire to:

E. provide a new income stream for non-profit organizations providing
certification services, the farmer be damned.

Virgil