[permaculture] Ragogmakan (Google) goes to the Amazon

John Harvey johnharvey at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 26 20:22:13 EDT 2008

 From the Google blog:
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/ragogmakan-google-goes-to-amazon.html

"The Surui call Google "ragogmakan", or "messenger", because they are
using our tools to get their message out. Although we traveled to the
Amazon rain forest expecting to be the teachers, there are lessons for
all of us in the story of the Surui. As they engage with the modern
world, they are making choices about what to adopt, adapt or reject. If
we pay attention, we may have as much to learn from them as they from us."

The Surui seem to know the lesson in my sig already. Will we ever learn...?

John Harvey, Wizened Web Wizard Wannabe
“The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them.” -Albert Einstein