[permaculture] request for info about Pacific NW plants

jordan at riseup.net jordan at riseup.net
Sat Jul 19 14:14:49 EDT 2008

I would say that a plant that does all three to some extent is Oplopanax
horridus, but I would recommend digging up much of it. Western Herbalists
tend to look at it like a local ginseng, and focus on it's rhizomes, which
the harvest of fragments the patch. The traditional way of harvest is to
use the aerial parts.

see http://www.herbalgram.org/youngliving/herbalgram/articleview.asp?a=2697
for a good discussion...

I don't really see it "guilding" with much. It's a plant that seems to
stick to it's own.

jordan