[permaculture] Boulder man faces $2000 fine/day for guerilla gardenfencing - it will b an interesting outcome consideringBoulder's liberal (but pretty!)

mangodance bmn at iglou.com
Sat Jul 12 11:33:47 EDT 2008

> http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/10/boulder-man-faces-20.html

I love the comments below...things like:

"Scott should go Charlton Heston: You can have my tomato cages when you
pry them out of my cold dead hands."

Though I do see a potential city lawsuit, I do think the complainer was
cowardly.  Whatever happened to just talking to people.

On the other hand, I've always felt government was confused in these
areas.  How can an unshoveled walk or unmowed sidewalk strip be the
property owner's responsibility and something like this be the city's?

How can cities plant trash trees like Bradford Pears (and various
relatives) which result in crown and branch drop and require owners to
clean it up, while actually attempting to enforce "do not plant" lists
of certain trees?  Many trees on "do not plant" lists are actually
natives...but they produce fruit.  It is the fruit the city doesn't want
to clean up...yet if there was cleanup involved it would be up to the
homeowner.. GACK!  ...makes my head hurt.