[permaculture] Design critiques

Claudia Joseph permie at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 29 14:10:18 EDT 2007

Hi Linda,
I use public workshops as feedback opportunities.
I am continually surprised how a set of "new eyes" can see things a
different way.
Use the feedback as confirmation or cause for further study.  Or toss
out the advice and say "I know I'm right on this one".

Isn't permaculture about self empowerment?  I've charged according to
my experience as I go along.
Or work for free until you gain confidence.  Public space is there
for the taking.

Giving it to the "experts" sounds like regular design. (No
disrespect, experience does inform opinion)
Being there is half the vision.

I haven't waited until I feel "fully confident" since the work needs
to be done now.
Tell the truth about your experience level and go ahead with
appropriately sized projects.
Share what you know and keep on learning.
Use the people resources that you have access to.

A simple way to get started is to begin.
Claudia