[permaculture] Soil Carbon Sequestration

lbsaltzman at aol.com lbsaltzman at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 19:25:02 EDT 2007

WEB VIDEO OF THE WEEK:
SOIL IS ONE SECRET SOLUTION TO GLOBAL WARMING
Can organic farming fight climate change? Yes. And we're not just talking about food miles. Research from the Rodale Institute shows that sustainably-farmed soil absorbs 30% more carbon than conventional agriculture, and switching our farmland to organic would cut greenhouse emissions by 10% in the US (20% in Canada and most of the rest of the world). For a concise explanation of how organic farming could be a major tool in the fight against climate change check out the 10 minute online video "SOIL: The Secret Solution to Global Warming," featuring Canadian farmer Percy Schmeiser. The website includes an online petition calling on world leaders to switch subsidies from conventional to sustainable farming practices.
Learn more and watch: http://www.quantumshift.tv/v/1181028043/