[permaculture] No-till potatoes - surface cultivation and deep mulching

Claudia Joseph permie at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 27 15:01:53 EDT 2007

I had a problem with japanese sweet potatos - they were bitter.
I had heard that they do well in sand but I used compost and straw in
the above ground cage because I had it.
Also, some that I picked earlier were sweeter.  The vine was
extremely vigorous and dark green.
Anyone know the specifics?

Claudia