[permaculture] Politcal talk-Yay or nay

Loren Davidson listmail at lorendavidson.com
Wed Jun 27 11:17:51 EDT 2007

At 1:02 AM -0500 6/27/07, Tommy Tolson wrote:
>Loren Davidson wrote:
>>
>>  With all due respect, you're projecting.
>Your understanding of projection differs markedly from mine.  I said
>"may" and shared something of my own experience of dealing with my own
>wound.  The rest is your own invention.

I accept that this is valid for you, and while my opinions *do*
reflect my perception...if people who hear your message aren't
"getting" it, you're not communicating effectively. And I'm not the
only person perceiving your words in this way.

Basic Permaculture principle: Use thoughtful and protracted
observation, rather than thoughtless and protracted labor. I think
this is as relevant to effective communication as to growing food and
landscaping for microclimate modification. When you say something,
see how other people respond. If multiple people respond the same
way, and if this way isn't at any time the response you were hoping
for, maybe it's not them that's the problem, and that is something
you ought to consider before doing the same damn thing again.

Beyond that...continuing to respond to you would perpetuate exactly
the type of back-and-forth, dyadic, nobody's-convincing-each-other
argument that political discussions have the tendency to turn into,
and as I really don't want that...I'm done with this discussion. Have
a lovely day.

Loren,
who may be able to harvest the first tomatoes today! :)
Loren Davidson		listmail at lorendavidson.com
Music with tropical attitude - http://www.lorendavidson.com
"There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know
that I can't go wrong" - J. Buffett